Jigsaw and Gallery Tour
This scenario is characterised by participants who engage in collaborative work: within a home group each becoming expert on different aspects of one topic of study.
1. Students are allocated a spot into home/cooperative groups.
2. Students in home/ cooperative groups are assigned to a different expert group. (as per diagram)
3. Together, expert partners study their topic and plan effective ways to teach important information when they return to their home/ cooperative groups.
4. One way of teaching, is for the expert group to display their information on paper.
5. Participants return to their home/ cooperative groups and then take their group on a Gallery Tour to each display. In a Galley Tour, students display their work and one person stands by it in order to explain it and answer questions when small groups visit.
6. Or participants can return to their home/ cooperative groups and teach all members of their group as they are now the experts.